Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jasmine Moran Children's Museum

Friday was Parent/Teacher Conference so Brenna didn't have school. (We got a glowing review of our girl. She is a great reader and helpful student. We are very proud of her!) My friend, Kari, and I had been talking about going to the Museum for quite some time so decided to take advantage of B being available to go. (sounds like she has a calendar she keeps)

We had a fantastic time. This is an amazing museum and I really recommend it, even with the drive. The kids had a great time and even after being there over 3 hours, there was still more to see. We decided to save the rest for a second trip. Here are some pictures of our day.

A real cockpit for the kids to play in. At this point we had a really annoying tweener who wanted to help the kids. He spoke as though he were a ventriloquist with a puppet, but minus the puppet. Oh, the puppet was supposed to be a parrot. He was rather annoying and we were thankful to ditch him over by the dinosaur dig.

We spent a fair amount of time fixing this car. They each took turns putting on tires and mufflers and checking the oil.

Giant bubbles. Look at Brenna's face.

The favorite: The fire station. It even had a giant slide to come down. There was a fireman's pole as well, but it was only opened at certain times. My guess is they have volunteers who help catch the children as they plummet to the earth. Sorry we missed that.

The giant maze was fun. Kari and I were up high and could see where they were at all times, but we continued to yell down to them to stick together. In hind sight, we should have let them run wherever they wanted since there was no one else there. They had fun, but I think they just crawled under the wall to get to the end. Either that or they are just amazing at mazes.

I just liked this photograph. An example of a perfect Oklahoma day. Blue skies, crisp air, and wind to blow you to Kansas!!

These are only a few pictures. This really is a great museum. I would recommend NOT going during the end of the school year when class trips are going on. I think part of what made it great is that we were not competing for everything.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day. I loved the pictures. Look forward to seeing the rest of the story. What fun. Can we go in December? Damma

Kayla said...

I've been wanting to go there. Sounds like I need to!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Neat! I think they've added the maze since I was there last...

OK Chick said...

I want to go there. Sarah, call me next time you go. I'll just pretend to be one of your kids.

Sarah said...

I'd be happy to call you, chick! You would love it!

Anonymous said...

Where is it?

PatC