Saturday, November 28, 2009

Today I am thankful

Today I am thankful for my Mom and Dad.


I saved this entry for today because, as of today, my parents have been married 41 years. They have an amazing love story that is full of adventure, excitement; some heartaches and lots of joy.
I think they figured out early in their marriage that they required communication and respect. And it doesn't hurt that each is still deeply and fully in love with the other. Satan and life have thrown a lot at them, but together they have overcome these struggles with love and laughter.

I've seen them fight. I've seen them make up.
I've seen them work separately. I've seem them work together.
I've seen them travel to far away places. I've seen them content in their home together.
I've seen them reminisce about the past. I've seen them dream about the future.
I have seen love everyday.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. Thank you for showing me how to make a marriage work. You are a blessing to all who know you and I am thankful for you everyday.

No comments: