Saturday, June 21, 2008

Restless night

Last night was a restless night at our house. After the wrap up of the Family Fun Night we attended last night, we got home around 11:15pm. B was thrilled to be up so late. She wanted to know if it is was midnight yet (a throw back to New Years Eve, I think). She was thrilled to find out it, in fact, was midnight - in Ohio. :)

The girls were too tired to sleep. Remember being that way? Anyway, Josh told P she could sleep in our bed for a while. I truly think this has happened less than 5 times in her whole life - including infancy. I felt bad for B and told her she could join us as well.

Even a king size bed isn't big enough when you have two girls who end up sleep perpendicular to us!!! I was awakened several times to a foot in the back or a fist in the face. At one point, P had an episode that only be described as imitating a death spiral done by crocodiles when they capture their pray. I had restless dreams and even wrote a blog about the night in my no-where-close-to-REM-sleep. It was quite witty and created a great picture. This morning, several hours later and clutching my LARGE cup of coffee, all wit has escaped me! Still I feel the need to post.

I have no idea how people function with a "family bed"!!! No judgment, just no comprehension!

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

AMEN to that!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cuddle with my kids in bed, but I would rather do it with one kid at a time with NOONE else in the bed. I cuddle with them and when I am ready to sleep I ROLL AWAY!!!! I like to sleep with NOONE touching me.