Friday, February 11, 2011

Ok, so I'm working on a theory that if I post my snow days pics we will get to go back to school....

Everyone near us knows we have missed 8 school days because of snow. And 7 of them have been in the last 2 weeks. At first I documented every fun project we did, was truly creative, energized and dreaded the snow melting. 8 snow days later, I am ready to get back to normal. Oh, one thing that some may NOT know is that on one of those two school days this week, Piper was home sick. Now that I have had one day in two weeks of normalcy I completely relate to my dear friend who said she is just ignoring her kids at this point.
I'm sure she meant the same thing I mean in that I am no longer concerned about messes and really who cares if the fort stays out for 3 days straight.
And getting dressed and teeth brushing are overrated.
And they might be eating a snack of peanut butter on a spoon as speak.
And I haven't taken a picture in 3 days.
ahhh..isn't it lovely? I truly do love snow and winter!!


Fort in living room

We baked muffins and cookies.

We played on the computer.

We played outside in short spurts.

We had game night with friends

We had a princess hot chocolate tea party with cakepops and cookies in the aforementioned fort.



Brenna made a paperclip chain and strung it around her room. It totaled 650+ paper clips and she and Josh did some scientific stuff measuring it with standard and non-standard measurement.

We read. A.LOT.

We had cousins night before round 2 of the snow rolled in.

We made some jewelry.



There. That is the summary of our last two weeks. I'm really hoping now that I have posted this, we will be back in school on Monday!! :)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Whew! I don't want to post what we've done "lo - these many (7) snow days!" It's pathetic. What we DIDN'T get done that I was just SURE we would get done -- that would make a longer post! LOVE that the fort was up for 3 days! And may I say -- p.b. on a spoon for a snack!? You'd better believe it! Sometimes that's our "appetizer" for lunch and/or supper because Mommy's too far behind schedule!

And I know you know this... but one day these 2 weeks will become legendary in their sweet memories (and probably yours too!)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, they'll be talking about the winter we had 8 snow days for a long time! I think you made great use of the time! But I'm with you, enough is enough.

Amy in Edmond said...

Someone face booked to us, that they hoped we would get a 1/2 day off for the 4th of July parade.

We probably would have had this many days off or more last year if the Christmas blizzard had come a time other than Christmas vacation.

Alyssa said...

Hey - it worked! We are back at school today! Looks like you made the most of every opportunity!