Thursday, October 07, 2010

A bit of a rant

I have noticed something that is becoming increasingly annoying to me. I realize I should just let it go. I know it isn't worth the energy of a blog, but it is like pulling a thread on a sweater. The more I am aware of it, the more it gets messed with.

Have you ordered an iced coffee from McDonald's lately? Have you noticed their sizes? They have medium, large and extra large. (This is only the case for iced coffee.) If you order a medium iced coffee you get the smallest one they serve (16 oz). If you order a small, you still get the smallest one they serve and the "Is your order correct" screen will say "medium" on it. And if you want the size that is in the middle, you need to order a large. I don't know what size a large is because I have never ordered a large. Or an extra large. I most often order a medium, wanting the size IN THE MIDDLE!!! But I order a medium and get a small.Do you see why this drives me crazy?

Anybody want to say about what drives them crazy? Rant away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I cut out MacDonalds altogether. Patronize people who don't play you for an idiot. pa

Anonymous said...

What really bugs me is when drivers try to be courteous and wave you into traffic, but all the while they're creating real dangers for themselves and others. Rant!

~Stef

Anonymous said...

What really bugs me is when people (especially teachers!!) misuse/confuse "and me" and "and I." Here's the breakdown: if your buddy weren't in the sentence, which would you use? Guess what! It's the same *with* your buddy in the sentence with you.

Rant!

-Linda (slightly ashamed of my own snobbery)