Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Our first driveway casualty

Saturday we were all working the garage. The girls were riding all our bike type vehicles - we have several for various stages. The ones they love the most is the three wheeled scooter and the three wheeled motorcycle (that have have literally had since Brenna's first birthday). Both girls can maneuver these pretty well and they take turns racing them around the cars.

Back to the garage cleaning.
Josh loaded up some charitable donations and was headed to Goodwill and the bank (unrelated errands, by the way) with Brenna. Piper and I planned to stay home to work on other stuff. Josh backs the van up about 1 foot hears the sound of cracking-grinding-breaking-smashing plastic. He pulls back forward about a foot while I investigate, only discover the beloved three wheeled scooter; now it is about a 2 1/2 wheeled scooter.


Brenna is instantly heart broken and wants it to be anyone else's fault.
When they get back from errands she grabs the scooter and asks me to fix it. When I tell her I can't, she decides to test me. After dragging this thing one leg pump at at time down the driveway and back, she comes back to inform me that it is better than ever
because NOW it has BRAKES!!!

The scooter is in the garbage.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

It can't be bent back or hammered back? Poor scooter.

Alyssa said...

Do they know it's in the trash can?

Amber said...

Brakes! I love that she sees the cup half full.

Marilyn said...

At BK she rode up to me in the backyard on a scooter & told me she "used to have one that worked like this." Ha, ha! Now it all makes sense!