I had put all the other candy away and failed to toss that into the trash can before Bren saw it. She asked if she could eat it and I told her it was really sour and she wouldn't like it. She moved on. Piper, however, did not... "I yike it, Mama, I weally do." I tried a couple of times to help her understand that it wouldn't taste good. Then I decided sometimes you just need to figure things out for yourself.

In case you are not familiar with War Headz, they are sweet for about 1.3 seconds before the absolute jaw-clenching, eye-twitching, foot-stomping sour kicks in.
For whatever reason, Brenna decided that Piper was a wimp and felt the need to show her the candy wasn't so bad. Just for the record, Piper lasted longer than Bren.
Ma & Pa, do you remember when I gave you this candy as we pulled away from the airport when you picked me up from my trip to Japan? Mom sucked on it first and subtly passed it to over to Dad. I'm not sure the candy ever really landed on Dad's tastebuds before he spit it out with vigor into his hand. I laughed so hard I thought I would wet my pants.I guess that wasn't the best souvenir for me to bring back from my travels abroad! :)

3 comments:
Love that fun candy. So cool.
See, now this is what I'm talking about. This kind of story I can't get enough of. Love you all so much, Damma
My stomach hurts I laughed so hard.
Post a Comment