Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My family

First, I need to show you the girls Spring Sonshine School pictures. They really speak for themselves. My only question is .... Where are my babies??????



And now, I have to brag on my husband again. I"m sorry all you other husbands out there who are made to look bad by the amazingness of my husband. I do realize he sets the bar high for all husbands/fathers. (Remember, this is the man who got up with me every time our babies woke for a mid-night feeding.) Kind of makes you want to do better, huh, guys?!?!?!

Example one: The latest round of cake pops.
Example two: My craft area.
I love to scrapbook. Josh has always encouraged this hobby for me and I very appreciative. I have wanted a place that I can leave a project out while I am working on it, but that is very difficult to do with two little girls. I started thinking about consolidating my closet and using that space for a while. I downsized my clothing collection and put the clothes all on one side of the closet. Then I talked with Josh about what I wanted to accomplish. He didn't say much, which led me to believe he was quietly supportive of ME doing this project. (Key word: me).
Well, while I was in Kansas at a women's conference for the weekend, Josh completed my craft area. He did everything I thought I wanted and even more. He thought through the working space and added appropriate shelves and storage.

I have loved this man for thirteen years and have no anticipation of that fading!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, where have the babies gone?
Your work space is terrific, you two are a wonderful team.
Do those Cake Pops taste as good as they look? Love the idea of decorating them as different animals. So we have chickens, eggs, pigs, cows, what's next? I challenge Josh to a goat - love you all, MA

Anonymous said...

You do have an amazing husband. Try not to take him for granted, like I often do!

~Stef

D's Mom said...

The girls pics are adorable. And, that was so sweet of Josh! What a great husband!

It was fun to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

What happened to the babies? Look in the mirror!
ahizabl

Kayla said...

Those ARE amazing cake pops. I may just have to hire him???! There may be guys reading your blog but unfortunately not mine! haha I may just have to show him though.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Beautiful pics! And I am wondering if Josh was a cartoonist in another life! The faces on those cake pops are great!

P.S. I am trying to get the word out - my 19 yr. old daughter and 17 yr. old son both need summer jobs - let me know if you hear of anything!

Wa Wa Waughs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Damon and Amy said...

Way to go Josh! You are a lucky woman and he is equally as lucky. It was great to see you in Wichita even if it was just for a few minutes.