Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chinese, anyone?

Grandma sent us some chopsticks and chopstick holders last week, so we ordered Chinese for dinner. Upon Gena's glowing recommendation, we opted for Hong Kong Chef. I have to say, it was pretty good! The rice really is perfect for chopsticks. It can't beat Panda House, but nothing can. I miss that Chinese Mafia ran restaurant. Seriously wasn't the seating area a little small for the size of that building? And one time Josh and I saw a man walk into the long 2 way mirrored hallway with a suitcase handcuffed to his arm, well, I saw it anyway...ah, but I digress.

So Piper gave it a valiant effort. She held the chopsticks with her right hand, picked up her chicken with her left, stabbed the chicken on the stick, took a bite and declared success.




Brenna really liked the idea of trying out chopsticks,

but found it a little frustrating,
And eventually got hungry and gave up!


Just for the record, there were only two sets of chopsticks, so Josh and I used forks. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the girls need to spend some time in Ohio with Grandma. She will show them how to use those chopsticks.
I do think that her and Grandpa ate their lunch at Flying Tiger today with chopsticks. Showoffs;)

I am so glad that they enjoyed the chopsticks and holders. We thought they were neat when we found them at the Noodles resturant.

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing.
:) Joyce

Jaime said...

Looks fun. I love me some Chinese food. And...glad you had a good birthday month. I guess it ends tonight. :-( Live up the last few hours!

Gena said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm just so happy to hear they are still open, and in fact serve edible food. I may have to check it out. As soon as they take down their Grand Opening sign and fix their neon lights....... ;)

Amber said...

I'm a little bummed that you took off the sexy people link. That gave me a few good laughs and made me feel better about how my mom styled me.

Ben said...

Isn't being a Bailey wonderful? I see my brother is using his gut for a table too. It's very functional and the plate feels so warm on the belly. However, don't use the built in table top during The Office - a big laugh will send Chinese food across the room...I'm sorry Jaime. I'll clean that up.