Wednesday, March 11, 2009

our weekend road trip

We went to Coleman, Texas (down near Abilene) by way of southeast Dallas. It was nice to spend time with Steve and Keitha, but unfortunately we got there late and they had places to be the next morning, so the visit was short. They have a lovely, comfortable home. Thank you for letting us crash. We hope to see you again soon!

And here are the girls with Aunt Mary and Uncle Donald. I can't tell you how much my girls loved them. Piper instantly took to Mary and sat in her lap and stuck by her side. This morning she told me she misses Aunt Mary. I know Bren will remember this trip for a quite a while. ...maybe because they got to go to Dairy Queen and meet the Fun Bunch, or maybe because they got to eat whatever they wanted, or maybe because they had full run of the large full cable television. But I think it will really be because they knew how much they were loved and enjoyed while they were there.
Thank you for a wonderful visit. We'll come again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip. I know it was good because you're still glowing from it. A good birthday month, huh Sarah? I loved the video, such a treasure! love you MA

Jaime said...

I love Aunt Mary...she is a gem, and I am pretty sure she is most loyal blog reader! :-)