Mrs. McBride has been teaching the Pre-K for 39 years. Literally. Her routines have never changed in those 39 years. Every Sunday at the end of class, she hands out their memory verse for the week and review questions from the lesson they just studied. The children are to bring back their questions on Wednesday. She will ask the kids one question each and they get a prize for bringing them back and answering her questions. In our house, it is Brenna's responsibility to get those questions back to Bible class each week.
Yesterday, mid-afternoon, I asked Brenna if she knew where her questions were. She did not (shocker!), so she went on a hunt for that included our Bibles, the church bag and the van. Some time later she found me folding laundry in our bedroom. Here is the conversation that followed:
B: What letter does it start with?
M: What letter does what start with?
B: Questions. C or K?
M: Oh, actually it starts with a Q. Qu.
B: (Looks at me like I have lost my mind)
M: Qu sounds like 'Kwa'. Questions is spelled Qu..e..s..
B: I'll never remember that. Will you write it down for me?
M: Sure (and does on an envelope on our desk)
About 10 minutes later, Brenna brings me this piece of paper and asks if she can turn this in to Mrs. McBride tonight.

After laughing out loud, I tell her she can sure try, but don't be surprised if Mrs. McBride does not give her a prize.
Well, Mrs. McBride was not in class last night. So, not only did the sub give Miss B a prize, he also posted it on the bulletin board for all to see.
She's a smart one, she is!!
5 comments:
I thought the story was funny, but when I went in there and actually saw the note, I really cracked up. Classic!
She's one smart cookie!
I am tellin ya- I LOVE that girl!!
That is so smart of her!!! At least Sydney was the one teaching:)
I love it! We'll have to remember that as we can't seem to keep up with ours either! ;)
Post a Comment