Even though I prefer acapella singing in corporate worship, i gotta say this song (click here, Mom), will get you around the block!! (Mom,any phrase in the light grey color is a link to something else.)
I have been walking in the mornings and listening to my ipod (a congrats gift to myself for closing my shop!). I have been enjoying all my favorite radio songs. This playlist includes songs that make me want to move and sing along. Many of them I really wouldn't want a grandparent to read the lyrics of because they really have nothing positive to offer my start to the day, just a great beat to get me moving. Don't get me wrong, they aren't horrible songs, but seriously, how does 'Dancing Queen' or 'Love Shack' help me have anything intelligent in my brain.
Anyhooo....I took the time yesterday to make a play list of Worship Jamz. I used that this morning. I gotta tell you, I ended up adding about 1/2 mile to my routine because I felt so good and wanted to keep going. I know it wasn't because I was physically refreshed and ready to add more "workout". It was entirely because I was praising God while walking. I give him credit for the extra steps (I give him credit for my weary bones getting out of bed at 5:40AM - yes, I shouted a.m. Ugh!).
I just wanted to encourage any of you who do listen to music while exercising to consider Worship Jamz. Most of us know these lyrics and are emotionally moved by them, and now you can be physically moved by them as well. (Blessed by Your Name ws my warm up song.)
What Should Have Happened
2 months ago
10 comments:
Thanks Sarah for the lesson on how to work these crazy things. Appreciate any help I can get! Keep up the good work. love MA
hey Joyce did you go listen, as well?
Yes Joyce did.
The song does have a good beat. I am also so proud of you Sarah for getting out and walking. I haven't mastered an ipod yet. Maybe I should add one to my wish list.
One more thing, as soon as we put together a cd of the photos from the RFL we'll mail one your way. Enjoyed the short visit with you and your girls are a delight.
Thanks for sharing! I'm always trying to find workout songs that have a decent message. Did you download the songs from the internet to your ipod or from the cd?
Chiara, I put the Worship Jamz in out itunes account from the CD. I think...Josh did it.
Then I have found others that I have just purchased off itunes.
We usually have Praise music playing as we awaken the beasts each Sunday morning, so I am on the look out for good happy ones to get them stirring. Those are also great for walking.
Wow, I was impressed with myself for walking at 6:30, there is NO WAY I would get up at 5:40, good job. Where do you walk? I love Blessed Be Your Name.
Those are some great Jamz.
So, first of all....I'm proud of you and want to be like you!!!
Second, I LOVE that version of Blessed be your name... when I hear it on KLOVE I cannot get it out of my head!
Is worship Jamz a cd???
i have this song on a cd and will be happy to burn it for anyone interested! we listen to it in the car all the time and all 3 kids know every single word!! Great way to send the kids off to school!
You go girl! I'm proud of you!!!!
Thanks, Sarah, for your very kind referral of Premiere Roofing (and me) to the owners of the Dean-Lively Gallery. They are having me do some roof work for them, and, although it is only a repair job, I'll be sending you a $50 referral check! Thanks again!
Gena's Daddy (Gene Shoemake)
P.S. Elaine is a lovely lady. I understand they are members at Memorial Rd. I had never met them before! They're nice people! Thanks again!
Post a Comment