Saturday, August 02, 2008

$11 and 45 minutes

I am determined to be content in our house for at least another 2 or 3 years...or 6 or 7! So...I am doing little projects to help make it feel fresh.
Here is the before (almost) of our built in bookshelf in our living room. It has been this way for the 7 years we have lived here. Only I have added more stuff because I don't know where else to put it. This corner of our living room always feels dark and junkie to me.

So...I decided to lighten it up a little bit. I used scrapbook paper to line the back of the bookshelf.

Then I weeded out the stuff I don't love and packed it away for another day...perhaps another house! I rearranged and spruced things up.
And voila!!

I am quite pleased with myself.

9 comments:

suzspeaks said...

It looks great!

The Lj's said...

that looks awesome... a creative way to spruce it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love it ~ Ma

Aubrey said...

What a great makeover! Don't you love quick and cheap decorating!! Great job!

jenn b said...

Wow!! You have some cool book collections and the white really makes them pop! Very fun!

kj said...

Way to go Martha!!! I have a the bookcase just like that, when can you come over???

Alyssa said...

Love it Sarah! It looks super!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, now that I've gone back and looked a dozen times and can really see what is on the shelves I love how you are displaying your scrapbooks. Excellent and inviting. You're goooood! MA

Jaime said...

Looks great, Sarah. Creative thinking!