Hours after my last post my fam loading up and headed out on our first major road trip. We were to see Grandma and Grandpa in Ohio. Thankfully, Aunt Kathi lives half way from here to there so we had a great pitstop location. We were in Ohio for a week and had a WONDERFUL time!! I can't possibly include enough pictures to do the trip justice, so here are some highlights.
Friday was my Mom's Relay for Life. I HAD to be there for her. They had a fantastic team. Their church had over 47 people show up to help work the station and encourage the walkers. (As a side note, I think Mom and Dad have one of the most outgoing, loving and supportive congregations I have ever seen. They greet us with great,sincere hugs every time we darken the door. And they are the eatingest-I know, not a word- group of folks! They have at least fellowship meal every week. Literally, and more in the summer. The friends my parents have made while living there have blessings to us all.) Several members of our extended family attended Relay as well. It really was a great event. I was exhausted, but it was so worth it. I didn't take ONE picture. If you did, will you send me copies?
It was a wonderful visit filled with great memories. Brenna got to ride her first motorcycle and canoe. What a treat for her.
And then we got home Tuesday evening to prepare for the next main event...
The FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
Brenna has been excited beyond words about this. There has been a count down for several days. I am thankful to have a child that is confident in herself enough to walk into a new place and join right in. She didn't even hesitate once.
There is the update. Now I'm off to blog stalk. I have missed keeping up while we gone.
4 comments:
You went to Young's!!!! It was raining the day that we went there and the kids didn't get to see the goats. I had the most amazing Peanut Butter/Buckeye Sunday. I love that place.
Next thing I know you'll tell me that you even had Mike Sell's chips...
so is she going to orvis? i know so many kids in that class the little girl in the photo to the left of mrs p is our next door neighbor!!!
Our teaher read The Kissing Hand too. It must be a Pre-K thing. I know she'll do great!
It was a great visit! Loved and adored every minute of it.
By the way, I'm taking orders for Mike Sell's - love MA
Post a Comment