Monday, November 06, 2006

Last night in church...

OK, I don't a photograph for this one, so you will just have create a picture in your mind.

I don't have to take Brenna out from church very often, but last night we had a little power struggle. She really copped an attitude with me about sitting down on the pew. I picked her up on my lap and whispered to her, "If you don't change your attitude right now, I am going to take you out and spank your little bottom. Got it?"
I put her back down where she was, then asked her to sit in the pew. She told me no. So, I took her hand and started to climb over Josh and Brenna says in a full voice, "Don't spank me real hard, Mom." I was trying really hard not to laugh, but the whole way out she was whispering some version of "just spank me real quiet, Mom, not loud or hard."

I guess I should finish up by telling you that she did get spanked "loud", but when we went back in and sat down she had no more trouble obeying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. You have such a way with words. The church story made me laugh out loud. I wonder where she gets her "grit" from.

I was stunned at how much she looks like Aunt Judy...spittin' image.

Give my love to all.
Hugs,
Judy