
For those who haven't heard, I made Brenna a beautiful "Belle" dress (from Beauty and the Beast) at her request. The plan was to make Piper be the teapot. When it came time to hem the skirt, I asked Brenna to try it on and she refused. And she continued to refuse. I never made the teapot costume.
The evening of Halloween, the girls and I went to the Storybook Forest. It is a trick or treating trail set up at Lake Arcadia. We were able to walk through the forest and read fairytales like The Three Little Pigs, Little Miss Muffet, Sleeping Beauty and The Itsy-Bitsy Spider (which was actually quite large). There was candy at each stop and then at the end of the trail they had several games set up with prizes. Brenna didn't want to play any games, so we just rode the hayride back to the beginning, where they had a bonfire and we could roast hotdogs and make smores while a woman read more fairy tales. It was a wonderful event that I plan to make a Bailey tradition for as long as the girls will do it.
After that, we went home and handed out candy. Of course, the first person at our door was some punk kid with a Scream Mask on. From then on Brenna was afraid to go to the door...or even be in the living room really. Thankfully no nightmares resulted.
Even though nothing went as planned, it was good day. And sweet Piper, was just happy to be anywhere. She wore Brenna's ladybug costume from her first Halloween and seemed to enjoy watching all the activity of the evening.
Next year will be even better!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment