I was hopeful that we would have the opportunity to get an autograph, so I came prepared. He did say he wouldn't have time to pose for pictures, but we could take as many as we wanted.
So...
Where are my eyes???
I was laughing during this shot because it reminded me of the time I posed like this in front of the back of Bart Conner, who was on his knees carving a pumpkin with his kid. All you can see is me and a blonde guy having a nice family moment. Josh and I were cracking up as we took it and still do.
Here, Rick is autographing for us. When I said I came prepared, I wasn't kidding.
I busted out our expired passports from 1994-2004.
I have stamps from Brazil and Europe in there and know I will keep it forever. It only seemed appropriate to have this guy who is famous for traveling Europe to sign my passport.
Ok, at this point, you can take a break from your jealousness and switch over into mockery mode. Go ahead, click on that bad boy to make it bigger. Take in the early 90's bangs, frames and turtleneck. I know you can't see it, but you need to know that turtleneck is covered in Daffy Duck. Yes, my friend, I was all about 1994!! (I don't have written approval to post Josh's, but his picture isn't as entertaining as mine. Other that the thick shock of hair he was still toting, he hasn't changed a bit.)
The picture at the top right is my current passport pic. Not much to note, except, um...why do I have to take off my glasses? I squint when I can't see and my eyes disappear...oh wait, they disappear when I smile, too. Maybe they are never really there.
I got the impression Mr. Steves had never signed a passport before. He even asked if it was legal (I told him I wouldn't tell if he didn't). I was a little proud for thinking outside of the box. This way I didn't have to buy a book or expose body parts.


3 comments:
I brought my Rick Steves Europe book for him to sign...but alas...I never got close enough. Not even close enough to get a picture of me and him from afar. I agree with your thoughts on the man though. :)
very cool idea! I loved it too...we used some of his free podcasts while in Italy 2 years ago!
Oh man -- wish I could've gone to that! Not making fun of ANYTHING -- you may see my passport photo one day, and I'm hoping you'll have the same consideration. :-)
Post a Comment