Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Birds IN Paradise

Halloween was another success.
After many, many conversations, the girls finally settled on a costume. Brenna chose a peacock and Piper chose a swan.  At first I was a little overwhelmed by the prospect of how to pull that off, but after an inspiring visit to Hobby Lobby with my Mom and some design suggestions by Piper, I knew I could do it.  And the girls never doubted it for a moment, which really only adds pressure!

Overall, I loved these costumes.  The girls felt beautiful and had a wonderful time each time they wore them.  Can't ask for more than that!
Our first Halloween festivities was Storybook Forest, which is always a delight.  This time Grandma and Grandpa joined us, but no one had a camera.

Then we took in the OC Dorm Trick or Treat tradition.  I'm learning start early in an effort to beat the rush.  It was crazy, but not as crazy as some years.


Sunday night was great time with our church Trunk or Treat.  I appreciate that some of our great spiritual leaders can get silly with our children.  I'm not sure who enjoys this more!
Halloween night, we enjoyed games, delicious food and Trick or Treating with some new, yet dear friends.



With the exception of one chainsaw wielding, coffin toting, scream producing police officer's home, we wouldn't have changed a thing!!

As Pipes looked at the ridiculous pile of candy, she said, "Just looking at this makes my tummy hurt!"
Halloween 2011= success!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

The costumes turned out great! Good job Sarah!

Amy in Edmond said...

I loved their costumes!