Thursday, July 07, 2011

Plan B often works out just as well as Plan A

A good friend of ours is working on his Masters of Fine Arts in theater and is doing a production of "The Secret Garden".  I asked several friends if they wanted to take their kids and it turned out only 3 families were able to go.  We loaded up and drove waaaaayyyyy south yesterday morning.  Well, apparently word got out on how good this play was, because when we got there, the show was sold out.  Like absolutely no seats left.  And there were 9 of us.
This is the crew on our way into the play.

Plan B
We were sad that we weren’t able to go see the play, but were really happy that Chad had such a great turn out.  We made the best of it and made “Plan B” at the Museum of Natural History nearby.  Of course, the boys in our group were totally thrilled at this announcement.



The kids had a fantastic time going from one exhibit to the next.  I don't think the kids learned anything, but I am confident they all had a blast.  And it was great to be able to visit with some friends we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like.

I love, love, love Piper in this pic!!




These are two of the sweetest "not babies anymore" I know!!  They are both always so stinkin' happy!


We finished up by invading Slim Chicken for lunch.

Overall, Plan B turned out to be a lot of fun. Next time, I'll plan ahead a little better and reserve tickets for Chad's productions. He is the next best thing. :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Bummer about not seeing the play but I'm so glad that it is successful!! Looks like you did have fun with Plan B.

The Lj's said...

My little one is STILL a baby! She's not quite "1" yet!