Friday, July 01, 2011

A nice little Getaway!

In the peak of Relay season, Groupon offered a little getaway that seems really feasible for Josh and I pull off.  We both felt we needed a break and happily take a discount on a fairly nearby escape.  So we purchased our Groupon to this place.  Josh booked our mini vacation right before we left for camp.  Little did we know how perfect the timing would be.  As God would have it, Josh started his new job the day we returned from this trip.

 Friendliest ranch you'll ever be on!

 The beginning of sunrise.

 The view from the front porch.  At 5:00am, Josh and I came out to this spot to watch a wonderful, and much needed storm. (Those pictures didn't turn out.)
 Elizabeth giving Red a "cookie"

 a view from the Hilton Hide
 The Hilton Hide's Lookout

 Ms. Elizabeth (Ridge had gone to work already before we got a picture.)

 The Lodge

Neither of us have been to a Bed and Breakfast so we were a little unsure of what to expect.  I cannot say enough good things about this place.  We had the most wonderful relaxing couple of days possible.  Ridge and Elizabeth were the perfect hosts, making us feel quite welcome in their home and giving us the freedom to do what we wanted.  Their faith is evident in the lives in such a refreshing way.  It is apparent their every decision is led by where and what they believe the Lord wants them to be.  Their desire is to offer a retreat for those in full time ministry.  If you are involved in ministry, please contact them about their discounted rates. 

I am looking forward for the opportunity to return with our girls!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

that looks neat! I saw they can accomodate 25-30. Might be a neat place for my hubby's family to have a little vacation together!

Amy in Edmond said...

I've booked mark this place for future use.