Monday, December 20, 2010

Piper's first birthday (party)

Our baby turns 5 the day after Christmas, which is a pretty terrible birthday. Maybe not as bad as the day before, but pretty bad. We try to make it a special day for her by taking down all our Christmas decorations either Christmas night or the morning of the 26th. We also have a special birthday tree in her room with non-Christmas ornaments. She loves this tree so much and looks forward to decorating it like us non-christmas birthday people look forward to the Christmas tree.


Because of the timing, she has never had a friend party. (Not that B has had very many in her life either.) But we decided for the big 5 she should have one. And party we did! Piper invited her bestees from school and church for a Rock Star party. We bought blow up guitars and made a mixed tape for Piper and the Rockers to enjoy. We played a few games and had a ton of fun!! I think Piper felt it was worth the wait for her first birthday party. And I think it is worth the wait for another 5 years for a birthday party. :)

One happy birthday girl


Piper and the Rockers!!



the cake

4 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That is WONDERFUL! I have always felt sorry for kids whose birthdays are around Christmas. You all did a great job making it special for her. Loved that Cake! How did you do that? One of you must have been busy on the computer during the party?

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT!!! What a happy group of ROCKERS! I love it. Can't wait to hear about it. I love that cake also, just the best. Happy early birthday to you Piper. love Damma

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun fun!!! pa

Jaime said...

Very cool!