Sunday, December 12, 2010

Making "ordaments"

I learned yesterday that Brenna has been saying ornaments wrong. "Ordaments" are hanging on our tree, but we'll get to that later.

Last Saturday we took advantage of some of what our great Metro area has to offer and made ornaments at one of the museums. We all had a great time. There were about 20 projects to choose from and you could as many as you wanted in the time allowed. We walked away with a LOT of ornaments!! The girls had a great time and I enjoyed watching them use their creativity.


Making holiday necklaces
(just for the record, I didn't take this picture, a volunteer did.)
I love the expressions on their faces.


Making scratch off art

This was my favorite. They made birdfeeders out of pine cones.
After they dried a little, the kids got to hang them on a fence out behind the museum.
We decided to swing by Pops for gas and sodie on the way home.
It was cool and windy!!!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

How cute! Didn't know Pops had a sleigh to take pics in - they really know how to draw the people in, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Did Bren get that pronunciation from Damma?

("donsable" I am fascinated with these verification words!)