Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lake Murray-Saturday

This past weekend we went to Lake Murray with some friends and had a wonderful, relaxed time. We got down there Friday night late. We pretty much just got acclimated a little bit and stayed up late talking. It was a great start.

Saturday, our family got up and had waffles, eggs and sausage for breakfast then investigated the park a little bit. The group played a round of mini-golf. I'm sure some were keeping score, but most of us were just trying to keep the ball on the green.

After lunch we went swimming.

Piper would yell "I'm the Queen of the World" then I would drop her in the water.


A little game of Chicken


The money shot!


I love B's expression!

We went back to our cabins and had a potluck dinner, then we headed out for our Sunset Cruise. It was a wonderful night for it. We got to tour around the lake, see the Marina, Tucker Tower and Buzzard's Roost. The kids even got to drive the boat - including Morgan.

Tucker Tower - originally built to be a Governor Summer home, but never was used that way.
After the cruise, we had Smores at the cabin.

It was a great day. We were all worn out and didn't stay up at late as I thought we would.
Sunday's adventure tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here weeping at the second Sunset Cruise photo of those honeyed haired beauties. Their eyes are so full of wonder and fascination. I wanna beeee there!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a special time. Looked like everyone had a great adventure. Neat looking pool. love Damma