Did you know the zoo closes at 5:00pm?
Huh. I didn't.
We got there around 4:00pm and quickly headed for the children's area. We got to pet goats (and let them be free...we were not the favorite guests of the day), pigs, sheep and I think we were watching a chicken actively die. Erin's littlest friend wanted to see the owls so we headed to the Oklahoma Trail. If you are familiar with our zoo, you realize these two exhibits are not located next to each other...and the owls are in the BACK of the Oklahoma Trail. Erin, Marlea and Kate got there just in time for a zoo keeper to unlock the door so they could go in quickly and look. My crew wasn't in such a hurry to go in the bat cave to see the owls, so we moseyed and enjoyed the deer and buffalo while they visited the nocturnal crowd.
Even thought it was rushed, I really enjoyed it. We pretty much had the park to ourselves and all the animals were coming out in the cool of the day. I think we will go back and just visits bits of the zoo until it is too cold.
I leave you with this...
3 comments:
Oh Miss Erin you are such a lady! Uhhhh, what are those pokadots on Piper's leg?
Brenna did you pose for that picture of the girl with the flamingo's?
Loved that last picture think it should be brought out for the big family gatherings.
I just love it when you share these moments in time Sarah. Ma
watched a chicken actively dying? pa
Tickled Pink is BEAUTIFUL! A great beginning. I do love my family! Ma
Post a Comment