Monday, August 16, 2010

Last free day before school

(This blog post is brought to you by the OKC Zoo and Dr. Pepper)
(Just kidding, but nothing like a little product placement in the pictures!)

Friday (the hottest day of the stinking year!), the girls and I headed to the zoo in the morning. It just seemed like we needed to do something since it was our last day of just us before school started.

We started early in an effort to beat the heat, but in August in Oklahoma that just isn't a possibility. I was sweating before we even saw an animal! Anyway, the girls decided which animals they wanted to see and we mapped our path. Of course, we had to take pictures at each statue we found. But THIS time, Bren put a twist on it and posed like each statue. You gotta click on these pictures to make them bigger.

I love these bears. As hot as it was, they were still cuddly.

Piper stopped and told every animal we saw "hello". Sometimes she would bend her little knees and wave her little hand and say something like "Hi... hi, giant turtle, hello!" I was cracking up.
Piper telling the black bear "hello".
My girls still love the flamingos

After the zoo, we had lunch with Josh at the hospital and bought a "first day of school" outfit at Kohls. Which leads me to my next thing...bracing myself for both my babies being in school. That post will come Thursday....or Friday...or Saturday.

5 comments:

The Lj's said...

I am sure I will be a mess on Thursday! Amaiya is going to work with Daddy in the morning so I will be able to focus on Stone! UGH.. Why do they have to grow so quickly?

Sarah said...

Oh, how precious! That is great for everyone.

You'll be fine when you see how much Stone loves it...and realize how much you can get done in those 2.5 hours, assuming Sweet Pea is sleeping. haha

Wa Wa Waughs said...

We have such a great zoo! My kids loved climbing and taking pictures with those statues way back when...have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture with the gorilla's. What a lovely day you all had. I'll be thinking of you all on Thursday. love Ma

Gena said...

Good luck on Thursday! You're going to love it I'm sure.....eventually. :)