Some of you have heard me already state that I think Kindergarten graduation is a little overrated (even more so for Pre-K). I mean no offense to the crying mama's in the audience.
(Truth be told, I was one of them.) However, I fulled expected that my children would complete kindergarten and move on to...well...12 more years of school. I know there is accomplishment in learning to get along better with others, learning some sight words, counting, learning to sit still for 3.5 seconds, but is that an accomplishment worthy of cap and gown? Pomp and Circumstance? (At our school, it is patriotic colors and Wing Beneath My Wings, but whatever.) A diploma?
I gotta say, I think there were some in B's class that didn't really reach the goal this year. That "plays well with others" is tough, as is the sitting still part. So perhaps my biggest question is if we are going to have a graduation and honor this achievement in life, can I go ahead and get a plaque that says B was the of 2010 Kindergarten Valedictorian?
Our school had a delightful program that included Flag Salute, Oklahoma Flag Salute, OR Creed and four songs. The video is for doting grandparents, the rest of you are welcome to skip to the pictures below.


3 comments:
I have never heard God Bless America sung any better! Thanks for capturing this Sarah.
I'm going to miss you all this week, but expect a lot of pictures from camp next week. Encluding Piper at Grammy's Camp. love to you all, Ma
Love it! Love the pomp and circumstance! And I bet Brenna WAS the valedictorian!
Oh dear! We'll have to remember to NOT get Tim started on Kdg. graduation (or any other graduation before H.S.)!!! I basically agree w/you and him, but don't get him started....
That being said.... "Yay! Brenna! The whole 'Ejipd' thing -- I don't think I spelled it 'right' -- put it over the top for me regarding valedictorian status." :-)
-- Catherine
Post a Comment