I love that our girls like each other. Of course, they argue over who gets what toy and who had it first. They have even gone so far as to get aggressive. (Piper gave Brenna a little black eye earlier this week.) But when it is all said and done, they are really good friends and like to spend time together. They have taken over the comfy green chair in our house and share it between the two of them. It is not uncommon to see them sitting this way watching tv or reading books. This was the first time they were both napping together. It makes my heart swell.
Every once in a while she asks to go to the mailbox. Then she throws a note in. The other day she asked if her notes were still there. Since she always goes with me to the mailbox (but can't see in), I am not able to get the notes out. I wish the mailman would take them and dispose of them so I don't have to.
13 comments:
Sarah!! Don't you dare! Mail those, scrapbook them, SAVE those precious notes!!! I will come over and save them before you toss them! Don't do it! Tears....A
I was about to say the exact same thing as Alyssa! Once your stash gets over 50...take a picture and then throw away the majority, but definitely keep some!!! That is so sweet!!! I kept letters that Avery mailed to God!!!!
So sweet...I think the picture in the mailbox is enough documenting of her little notes - ditch 'em! (This comes from a Mom with 20 years of kid memorabilia overflowing from her scrapbooking room!)
Thank you, Robin, for being a voice of experienced wisdom!! I do plan to save one, and put it in the book with the picture, but the rest need to go.
Sorry, girls, I am a cold hearted Mama. ;)
Can we put this up for a vote? So far it's tied. 2-2.
Sorry Alyssa but if were voting I say trash them saveone get rid of the rest... I save very little I do have a few toys I have had since a little girl and the I have saved the kids fav. outfits that I just loved but the rest is in the trash they will have plenty of stuff to save from now until graduation....I think the total is now 3-2! :)
Grrrrr.
Hmmm.... Alyssa, you know how "good" I am at throwing away. And even I have to agree with Robin. The picture is absolutely precious. And if Sarah saves one or two, plus the picture, she'll still have saved the "spirit" of the thing. That's my vote.
-- Catherine Pigg
maybe you could save enough to cover a scrapbook page, to create an interesting background, and put the picture on top of it. Or maybe your mom and dad would like to have one or two.
so speaks the pack rat,
Stef
Thank you Stef. And since I'm the grandma my vote is send them to me!
I'll take a bundle at a time to save you stamp $. love Ma
Once again, your mom and I agree! Send them to her and let HER decide when to toss them!
Sarah, I had to read this to Tim and he has a comment (are we surprised?): "Scan them. They won't take up that much room on the hard drive, and then BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!!! I mean, if it's good enough for the Dead Sea Scrolls, it should be good enough for Piper's notes." Good grief. Only my dear husband would put Piper's notes and the Dead Sea Scrolls into the same discussion. But there's his vote! -- Catherine
Well the votes are in, Sarah. You must give them ALL to your mother. Fair is fair.
Post a Comment