Thursday, January 14, 2010

Notes to Jesus

Piper was drawing at my desk this morning before Sonshine School. When I told her it was time to go she handed me a piece of paper and said it was for Jesus. I wasn't sure I understood her so I asked her to repeat herself. She said "You know, in church, when they pass crackers and juice and then after we put our money in? I want to put this in with my money. It is for Jesus."I asked if I could be her adult writer (a term we picked up at Pre-K last year) and she said I could write on the back. Then she translated the note to Jesus.



If this doesn't warm a Mama's heart, I don't know what does.
And I needed this today.
I believe the little lollipop drawings were intended to be Jesus, but they weren't perfect so she started over. Twice.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

How precious!!

Chellie said...

So wonderful! I think you really should let her put it in the tray on Sunday I think that would be awesome.. maybe fold it up and write "For Jesus" on it. She's a cool kid

Gena said...

I love that.