Thursday, February 19, 2009

Piper is in speech therapy. (Have I shared this yet? Hmmm...this might be new to many of you.) She goes twice a week to a lovely woman here in our great town. As a side note, she is doing remarkably well and we all are very pleased with Piper's effort, work and results.

The building we go to is a small building with about 5 or 6 offices all rented by different people and occupations. They all share on set of public restrooms. I can only speak for the women's restroom here, and say it is a "one seater" with a separated sink area...you know, a little waiting area inside the bathroom.

On the inside of the stall in the restroom is a sign that says; "Make sure the toilet seat is cleaned before you leave this room." Nice. But really, what toilet cleaning person wouldn't want to post that on every bathroom in the house.

On the outside of the stall door is this:


Seriously? Do you think one of these offices is rented by a therapist who specializes in Ligyrophobia?* And is therapy really something we are "under"? In my opinion, the only thing this sign is missing is a few mis"quotes".

*Which brings me to a completely unintended topic. Check out this list of phobias. Who knew!?! I need to go over this list carefully. As many as there are, surely I have ONE of them. :)

Also, this morning Piper picked a few clothes to take when she goes to visit Mama Mia's house next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that list of phobias!!! I wonder what you call a fear of phobias? ;-)

--Stef

Gena said...

There are "persons" under "therapy." What I wouldn't give to see some inappropriate quotation marks thrown in there. What a crazy sign.

Gena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gena said...

Okay, also, don't you love, the comma, after careful? Funny.

Alyssa said...

Oh my. That's bad. I need to get my red marker to work on that sign.