We found this recipe on
Bakerella. We are NO Bakerella, but after a few tries we got it figured out. And even the ones that didn't look great, sure tasted great!!

Just a regular old cake, we used Red Velvet.

A can of icing -
we found a whole can actually was a little much.
Mix it all together. Pretty easy.

It really is better if you use your hands...

And there are perks!

form balls and put them on lollipop sticks

Dip in almond bark.
(These were too big. I should have rolled them smaller because the weight was too much for gravity.)
We opted to decorate these for Valentines day and give them to B's teachers.

The second batch we mastered...ok, Josh mastered. :)

White cake and white icing dipped in chocolate almond bark with sprinkles.
We are also considering dipping in fudge. And making chocolate cake with peanut butter icing dipped in fudge.
6 comments:
Oh Baby, am I hungry. What a great treat, but did those sucker sticks looked used?
Now that would be a joke.
they were licked clean enough to be reused!! :)
Those look delicious!!
I think my mom just made these off bakerella with red velvet too. I cannot wait to try one. YUMMY!
i just voted you as mom of the year!
Those look fantastic. The choc w/ pb icing dipped in chocolate...wow just reading that put three pounds on my butt.
Post a Comment