Thursday, August 11, 2011

International Experience

We are still having a great time with YuNa.  She is busy throughout the day with English classes and has evening activities about 3 days a week, so I feel our time is really limited with her.  But we are making the most of it.

One night Josh was working late, so YuNa fixed dinner for me.  We had gone to the Asian District and bought some foods she missed from home and she shared from her stash. 


I am proud to say, I ate these Ramen noodles with chopsticks and was told I did a great job!!  The girls took their obligatory "no thank you" bite and politely chose to eat chicken nuggets instead.


At one point the girls decided YuNa should experience a makeover/massage.  It usually starts out nice (massage, foot rub with lotion, scalp rub), but goes downhill fast.  And almost always ends with blue eye shadow.  YuNa got the full treatment.  She literally cried out when she saw herself in the mirror.  Funniest part of her visit to date!!  But she returned the favor to each girl.


 Tic Tac Toe
-ish


 This is Pipes listen to YuNa's mp3 player.  She was listening to Korean music and doing her best to sing along.  I laughed so hard I cried listening and watching this. 

I have said before that I am glad the lack of knowledge of lyrics doesn't impede Pipes love of singing!  Never more evidence of that than singing along with Korean Hip Hop.
YuNa has a friend from her school that came on the trip as well.  God placed Eun Jin (prefers the American name Ericka) in the home of some friends of ours from church.  It has been wonderful to be able to experience this together and sometimes share the responsibilities. 
I think this has been a great experience for our family and if given the opportunity, I think we would sign up again!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You are brave to do that! I would be a little hesitant, I think!