Sunday, July 18, 2010

Precious tradition

For the last several years (like almost 20), my dad has gone to Nicaragua for mission work. I love that he is so dedicated to that work and enjoys teaching Central America about their Savior. I feel blessed beyond words to have been able to share that experience with him in 2007.

Each year he goes, he thinks of the girls and buys them a new dress. I know that I look forward to the dresses more than that girls. And I might even treasure them more because I realize their Grandpa is not a typical grandpa. Someday they will recognize that as well and will understand why I tear up when I open the package every year and why I insist they wear them together at least once, and why I always take pictures.

Anyway...thank you, Grandpa. We all looked lovely today.

The one below is a favorite pose of Grandma and Grandpa. :)

On other news, we went to Bricktown yesterday to find a new candy store. (Scouting cake pop supplies). We ate lunch and then walked over to an arts and crafts festival in the middle of Bricktown. It was crazy hot, so we didn't take as much time as would have in cooler conditions, but we found a few photo ops. Didn't buy anything at the festival, but if I were a rich woman, I would have bought something from everyone simply to reward them for staying out there in the 104 degree heat.





We never made it to the candy store. :)

3 comments:

kj said...

love the dresses!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Awww...I remember you telling the story about your Dad and N. mission trips in class. He is a great Dad and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

The dresses look as pretty as I had imagined. I miss seeing your babies.