Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

For me, Mother's Day is still about my Mom. My family honored me with breakfast in bed, many drawings, a book mark, a handprint tile, a coin purse and a lovely necklace. It was a great celebration of Mother's Day for me, and it took place about 24 hours early. Brenna had the whole thing planned and we couldn't convince her that Sunday was a better day to celebrate. She woke Josh up before 7:00am to fix me breakfast. :)



I appreciated that because today I could focus on my mom. It isn't like she knew it, but all day I thought of and prayed for her. I am thankful for the influence she has had in my life and that she was the mom she was and is. She wasn't my best friend until I was in college. She was always my biggest advocate and cheerleader, but I knew that she was my mom first. I couldn't pull anything over on her and she didn't let me get away with stuff just so I wouldn't be mad at her. I'm sure it annoyed me at the time, but now I see what integrity and strength that took.

But now, she IS my best friend. I miss her. We talk often, but it is never often enough. I wish we could go for walks together, shop together, work on projects and share quiet moments with a cup of coffee.

If you don't know my Mom, you are missing out on an incredible woman. I thank God everyday that He allowed her to defeat her cancer and is allowing her to continue to be a blessing to the world around her.

I love you, Mama!!!
Isn't she beautiful???!!!!

This was probably on Mother's Day in the early 80's.

5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

what a nice tribute!

kj said...

tissue please....

how sweet!

Anonymous said...

You two are so blessed to have each other.
Loved the pictures. Jo, you were a beautiful young lady and even more beautiful today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarah, love MA

Anonymous said...

She certainly is a blessing in my life and I do thank God for putting her in my path. Love ya Jo and Sarah - Birdie