Thursday, September 04, 2008

Apron Making

The girls have been helping me a lot in the kitchen lately. Now that I am home to cook and bake. It is a good teaching activity for all of us. Brenna learns about measurements. Piper learns about taking turns and sharing. And Mama learns about patience!!!!

The girls have also been wanting to wear an apron while we cook because I do. So...I decided to make the apron process an activity too. This time Brenna learned about measures (too much vs. too little paint). Piper learned about taking turns and sharing. And Mama learned about patience. :)

I had to completely abandon my control issues and let them have fun with this. Turns out that once I released my issues, I had fun, too!
Now we all have matchy aprons. Does it get better than that with a side of cake batter beaters? I think not!!



8 comments:

The Lj's said...

precious... a child in the kitchen is definitely a lesson in patience... i try to remember to enjoy the moments he "wants" help me!

Holly said...

What a cute idea. I think we may have to steal it. Every time Riley
cooks we get flour all over the floor.

Anonymous said...

What fun, that memory will stick! Proud of all three of you, hope you get those apron's out all the time. love Damma

DeeDee said...

yes, great memories of decorating while topless. way to start them early Sarah!

kj said...

Dee Dee and I think to much alike! I was just thinking it's more fun to cook topless too!! : )

Jaime said...

Scary...all I could think about was naked apron makers as well. Looks fun!

Sarah said...

Girls...that paint is PERMANENT!! I'm not sacrificing clothes just to MAKE a garment that will keep their clothes clean! Is there any logic in that?

At least they are inside...go look at Summer's kids! :)

kj said...

HA HA HA Oh Sarah I laughed so loud when I read the Summer comment! Her kids are naked all the time....but she is from a small town! : ) (Love you Summer!)