Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brenna's Snow Angel

My parents (Grandma and Grandpa) live in Ohio and over the weekend got 10 inches of snow. Grandma called, sounding rather giddy about it all, bragging about how wonderful it was. At the end of the conversation, I heard Grandpa come back in from shoveling the sidewalk. He didn't sound so giddy.

After I hung up with them, I told Brenna about how much snow they had. We measured it so she could see just how tall it was. Then she asked me if she could talk to Grandpa. Below is the conversation that took place.

B: Hi Grandpa.
G: Hey Brenna.
B: Grandpa, will make me a snow angel and snowman and take a picture of it for me?
G: What?
B: Will make me a snow angel and snowman and take a picture of it for me?
G: Uhhh......
B: Please, Grandpa.
G: OK, Brenna. Consider it done!

I don't know if this is really what happened, but I can just see Grandpa getting up and putting his wet-snow-shoveling clothes back on and making a snow angel for his angel. In the email he said the snowman is coming but the snow is right for it yet.
What a great Grandpa!! We are blessed.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

That is so sweet! I know they miss each other!

Patrice said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That is so sweet that it made me cry!! I can just see Uncle Mike, wet, cold, and tired, lying in that snow, making a replica of the true angel he is!!! You truly do have the most precious dad in the whole world!!

Love,
Tricey

The Davidsons said...

Catch was looking at the blog with me and he said, "What is that picture", and I said, "A snow angel", he said, "It doesn't look like one, it looks like a snow bunny."