Monday, July 03, 2006

Fruit Pies and Rainbows

Brenna has been singing as long as she has been talking. And she does a surprisingly good job at carrying the proper tune. Now the words are a different story sometimes....
Her recent favorite song is "Blue Skies and Rainbows". I do love to hear her sing this song, for several reasons. 1)I remember learning the song in late grade school/early middle school and loved it. I am thrilled that she has learned it so early and seems to love it as well. 2)There is just something to be said and busting out at the top of your lungs praising God. 3) She has truly made it her own and she knows what she is happy for...you see...Brenna doesn't sing Blue Skies and Rainbows, she sings "Fruit Pies and Rainbows" and there really seems to be no hope of explaining the difference. And to top it off, she ends not with the traditional "Never more will I be all alone since HE promised me that we never shall part", she opts for the perhaps up and coming version "Never more shall I be all alone since he promised me that we'll always have tart". You see my girl loves dessert in any form!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damma says: That's my girl. She is my daughters daughter! Brenna and Piper stories always make me smile!