Last week, we took the girls for the doctor appointments, Piper's 6 months and Brenna's 3 year. Brenna has been on a kick lately where she wants to go to the doctor for any bruise or ouchy...turns out she "hurt" her knee and "needed a shot" the night before our appointment. We took advantage of this charade and ran with it. Turns out Miss B was rather excited about seeing Docker Stephens. She took babydoll, because she has been sick lately (we've been taking babydolls temperature regularly). Dr. Stephens did a remarkable job of checking out all three of our patients. Everyone got a clean bill of health.
Piper is 50% for height and weight and Brenna is 50% for height and 75% for weight, which really surprises me since her pants are falling down most of the time. But regardless, they are both doing great!! And baby seems to have been healed in the doctors office as well.
At the end of the visit, Brenna declared she wanted 2 shots. (Piper was getting 3). We argued for a bit and then I said "Let's get one done and if you still want another one, we can talk about it then." She got her one shot and hardly reacted at all. Her little face grimaced, but then she immedately asked for a sticker. Then for another sticker. I think she wanted two shots to get two stickers. Dr. Stephens informed her that when she is 4 she will get 4 shots. Won't that be a fun day!!!
And Piper only cried until we got her paci in her mouth. What good girls I have!!
What Should Have Happened
2 months ago
2 comments:
Maybe next time, Brenna can take Emma and Seth and show them how this shot thing is supposed to go.
Brenna is my girl, when we had to get our 1000 shots to go to Japan I was a happy camper, I even took brownies that I had made to the nurses on the last day of shots. I was probably 9 and just for your information Jaye threw a fit everytime she had to have a shot! :-), Damma JO
Post a Comment